Hearts A Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sailing on the Edge

2 posters

Go down

Sailing on the Edge Empty Sailing on the Edge

Post  Bubba Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:18 pm

There seems to be many opinions on the best way to sail for materials. I am not going to tell any captain how to run thier own ship. I will only offer my view on my sailing style. I love to sail at the end of the world for materials mainly only for one reason, GUILT. I know how I feel when I get on a ship and have to spend most of my time on repairs. It stinks! I don't mind doing my fair share but mostly pirates don't switch between cannons and repairing like they should. The end result is the same few get stuck doing repairs for most of if not all of the trip. I did take the time to learn how to sink Hunters and War ships without being on the edge. For me it is very exciting to do it that way. It does take a lot of damage though and you must have a solid crew on repairs. We have awesome guild mates and friends that do a great job repairing our ships but is is just hard for me to sentence them to endless repairs.

See you at sea,

Bubba crew
Bubba
Bubba

Back to top Go down

Sailing on the Edge Empty Re: Sailing on the Edge

Post  Esmerelda Wildfury Fri May 25, 2012 2:38 pm

I have been meaning to chime in on this and just havent.... So here goes...

First, I don't pay for your game, who am I to tell you how to play it? It causes no harm to anyone.

Second, I am a blessed pirate. I have many friends and some fine ones at that. I can summon a crew most times in a few minutes. Not everyone can say that. Matter of fact most can't. Not only do I have tons of friends, but most are high level pirates and paying members who have some serious firepower. Again, not everyone can say that. Have you opened your ship to public lately??? affraid Most want to just stand around or scream for you to port or let them steer the ship. The ones you do get on a cannon fire hooks... So who am I to judge? In theory u can do the edge solo. IF youre a good capt. Which brings me to the next point.

Third, not everyone can sail. Yes, yes have heard the argument .."so practice". Some only get to play a few hours a week not all make Pirates a vocation. Wink Some have argued you need no skill at the edge... I DISAGREE!! I have been to the edge and sank a few times with several different capts. It is not a gimme as quite a few are saying, that you take NO damage... PSSSSH!!!! You do need some skill, but granted not as much as taking them on old school. But you must also throw in the dreaded beastly lag that has popped up in game since the scoundrels of the seas was added. I NEVER had lag issues before. I am now forced to set to medium or low if I do not wish to sink while sailing, and that is still not a given. Lag can freeze you and sink you before you know what is even going on up against a warship and hunters. Not everyone has the computers for it.

And then there is Bubba's take on it. I agree. It always seems to be the same ones repairing. Most times. They are the first to hop of the cannon and do their share and then some. Actually everyone share really. I apologize profusely every time take cover, open fire, full sail, or my broadsides miss and I take more damage than I should have had they worked as they SHOULD! Yes, I know everyone knows this happens but as capt I feel bad that my crew is now having to repair. Not to mention sometimes your just tired, and the edge is an easier sail ( Guilty).

I, as tyrant Gm, will not forbid this. Its not my place. My take is---no harm no foul.

Having said all this, I will say I enjoy a 'old school' runs more. I find them to be much faster than the edge sails as well. The edge tends to put me to sleep, fast, especially if the crew is not talking much. I will point out however, if there is a skull loot chest that drops off one of the hunters or warships while at the edge, if you are standing on ship with no cannon and no repairs to do as there is no damage, guess who doesn't get it??? Yep, not on repairs, not on cannon-- no skull loot chest. And as many goodies as I have been getting from them lately is also one of the reasons I sail old school as well.

There is my dollars worth! ( Bubba says I always give more than my 2 cents!!!) Laughing
Esmerelda Wildfury
Esmerelda Wildfury

Back to top Go down